Sunday 30 September 2012

Something FUNdamental

 A talent for skipping
 Warming up balance and agility
 Buzz on foot placement
 The demo
 Balance exercises
 Too easy
Corks
Today I was Directing a FUNdamentals of Climbing 1 workshop for The MCofS. These days are designed to introduce those helping coach young people in climbing to the basic concepts of climbing movement and the Long Term Participant Development Model. I was working with Buzz and Stuart which was great as they both have acres of experience, ability and ideas and the practical elements of the day went very well. As my own harshest critic the 'coaching process' part of the day did not work as well as I would have liked but that is my take home learning point for next time. A great day with people involved with the Stirling Spiders Climbing Club and hosted at The Climbing Academy Glasgow who made us all very welcome. Another busy and fascinating day for me.

No comments: