Monday 30 August 2010

Today the rock was dry but I am weak...





Still recovering from some nasty bug from Tajikistan and went for my first run since my return this morning knocking a minute off my best time. Then a climb in the sun with Rich this afternoon. He hadn't done Storm (HVS) in years and I haven't led the middle pitch in a long time so we were on for a Polldubh classic. The bright sunshine kept most of the midges off and I could tell the weather has been bad and Rich has been training at the wall. I on the other hand felt weak as a kitten sweating my way up the lovely 4c pitch. As Rich led the last pitch Graham came past soloing up Old Wall (VS4b) in the sun.
Hopefully the next few days of SPA trainings and Assessments based in Glasgow will help me shake the bug and I can get some more quality climbing in before the season ends (although a friend working a Summer ML course woke to find half an inch of snow on his tent a couple of days ago).
Links to the BBC Article and BMC News report on our Afghan trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hοw did this sесtion beсome sο confuѕеd it's wearisome reading em.

Stop by my web-site - fast cash now