Friday 11 June 2010

Tour De Lochaber



The river crossing at Luibeilt
The new path near the Leacach Bothy

With a damper forecast I decided to take my new bike for a run to bed it in. I cycled from home to Glen Nevis, made the long pull up the West Highland Way which I followed through the Lairig Mor to Mamore Lodge above Kinlochleven. Then it was onwards past Loch Eilde Mhor and Loch Eilde Beag to the river crossing at Mheanach/Luibeilt. Then its the long carry over to the Lairig Leacach bothy- made slightly shorter due to a rideable new path extension. After that the long coast down to the shop at Spean Bridge (the previous 7km took and hour and a half, this 7 km about 25 minutes). Finally along the A82, into the forest at Leanachan and on to Corpach. 75km and about 1750m of ascent in 7 hours. I'll work out the stiffness tomorrow on Tower Ridge!

Short video of the carry up from Mheanach bothy- listen carefully and you'll hear me gasping!

1 comment:

Peter Duggan said...

That's quite a ride, Al! :-)