Friday 11 September 2009

Sandstone at Reiff





Jamie and I headed north in the hope of climbing on Stac Pollaidh but a night's heavy rain and a cloudy dawn meant we headed to Reiff (the sun always shines at Reiff) instead. It was cool and blustery with a bit of a swell but we wandered around cherry picking routes from the Minch Wall all the way out to Rubha Coigach. I even managed to warm up on my bete noire Judicial Hanging which I have failed on as many times as I've succeded! We also climbed a lovely exposed HS called Pirates of Coigach and some nice HVSs and VSs out at the end of the point. The pictures are JB walking back under a pleasant HVS we'd done earlier, 3 shots of the excellent Pirates of Coigach (HS) and leaving the Minch Wall after a successful ascent of Judicial Hanging HVS (breaks through the roof on the left).

No comments: