Wednesday 6 May 2009

Curved Ridge



Today I was out doing some staff training for The Ice Factor. Chuck is one of 2 MIA trainees I'm mentoring there and we went to Buachaille Etive Mor to look at some mountaineering skills. We went up the ever popular Curved Ridge with Chuck short roping myself and Andy, a placement student working at The Ice Factor at the moment. We discussed various route and ropework options and I led for a short section. The weather forecast was spot on and as predicted after a dry start we were subject to a torrential downpour and increasing winds later in the day.

2 comments:

Gerald Davison said...

A grim day indeed, I was on Stob Coire a' Chearcaill, a Corbett just opposite Fort William. Impressive rises in all the water courses!

Alan said...

Aye Gerald, wet, wet, wet. Thursday I spent clinging to my chimney fitting a new aerial looking at the fresh snow on Ben Nevis! Bring back spring!